Speed & Strength School
Speed & Strength School is the perfect way for field and court based sport athletes to learn explosive acceleration, to run faster, change direction and jump higher than their competitors and team mates. The training year is split into two phases: During the spring and summer evenings training is track based. During the autumn and winter months training is gym based.
Track based training is focused in improving the mechanics of acceleration, speed and change of direction for team sports. The gym based training is focused on strength training for sport performance.
The overall benefits for team sport athletes are:
- Strength - improves movement control and well as helping to reduce the likelihood of injuries
- Mobility, coordination and agility - these players are more mobile and are better able to use their bodies
- Acceleration, speed and change of direction - they are faster in all areas of the game
- Decision making process as they are mentally sharper - fitter, stronger, faster athletes have more time to make better decisions
Numbers for Speed School will be kept to a maximum number of 10 pupils. This is to ensure that every individual receives one-to-one coaching, video analysis of technical movement (where appropriate), specific feedback and is given the focus on how they improve.
Speed School is for all 11 - 16 year olds where speed, strength, repeated speed and agility underpin the technical skills for success e.g rugby, football, hurling, camogie, cricket, hockey, tennis, netball, basketball etc.
Speed Development improves:
- Maximum velocity
- Straight line & curve running
- Running technique
Agility Development improves:
- Change of direction (COD)
- Braking strength
- Evasion drills and games
Strength Training helps:
- Speed and Agility
- Aerobic and Anaerobic fitness
- Injury rehabilitation & prevention
- Movement patterns and motor control
The weekly training sessions are designed to introduce and develop the skills to help each athlete/player to...
- Be faster in all areas of the game
- Create or close down space in the game for those match winning moments
- Out Jump the opposition to head or catch the ball
- Side step the opposition and leave them standing
- Improve overall athleticism so that they can be better athletes and players
These are just some of the skills each child will start to develop, in a safe, fun and enjoyable environment, led by a qualified and experienced coach.
The monthly fee for Speed School is £40 per month or £15 per week.
Register Your Interest below: